2 replies to this topic

#1 martyara

martyara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:51 AM

Hello

Just moving back to Spell Catcher after a few years with Typinator. At the time I moved SC would ignore Eudora because it was Rosetta now both are gone and I am in Lion (and Typinator has a few annoying issues) I have decided to come back.

How can I import Typinator files into Spell Catcher? I have exported the files from Typinator, they have a suffix .tyset, but not even BBEdit can open them! Looks like I'll have to go back to my old 2008 SC files and update them manually :-(

Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

#2 martyara

martyara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:52 AM

I have managed to convert the .tyset file to UTF8, text only (removes some abbreviations), but Spell Catcher cannot read it.

Can you let me know what format SC can read for importing a reference? I note it can read an xml file I have, but that is based on an original SC file. If it can read only xml, then that file will provide the structure?

Thanks

#3 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

I have managed to convert the .tyset file to UTF8, text only (removes some abbreviations), but Spell Catcher cannot read it.

Can you let me know what format SC can read for importing a reference? I note it can read an xml file I have, but that is based on an original SC file. If it can read only xml, then that file will provide the structure?

Thanks

Spell Catcher can import TypeIt4Me and TextExpander files. TypeIt4Me and TextExpander can import Spell Catcher X Shorthand Glossary files that have been Exported in Spell Catcher’s XML Export format. But it appears that Typinator can't export files in any format other than its own. I'm not sure whether there's some sort of way to use TypeIt4Me or TE as some sort of "go between". Maybe you should ask the Typinator folks if they can export or otherwise save to some other format than their own. If it can't, then you may be stuck. Their file format isn't documented, and isn't human-readable…