• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Golfersal

Golfersal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:03 PM

My hard drive broke and I got another one in my Mac.

I am running Lion now and had permission problems, the mac genius set something and I lost everything.

Spell Catcher has been a problem because there is no manual and I have spent hours getting things to work.

My big problem now is that I can't seem to find and look up by dictionary and set it up.

Help me in finding it and getting it to work with Spell Catcher.

Thanks

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

My hard drive broke and I got another one in my Mac.

I am running Lion now and had permission problems, the mac genius set something and I lost everything.

Spell Catcher has been a problem because there is no manual and I have spent hours getting things to work.

My big problem now is that I can't seem to find and look up by dictionary and set it up.

Help me in finding it and getting it to work with Spell Catcher.

Thanks

In the Spell Catcher application, choose Help > Spell Catcher Help. There's your "manual".

I need more specifics on what the real problem is. Can you be more descriptive?

#3 Golfersal

Golfersal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

The Apple Store purged all of the Plist I think it's called saying it would create new ones.
Only problem, every program is now like brand new in asking for a License and having to register. In the case of Spell Catcher nothing was set up, it took me hours to figure out how to have a list of right words pop up when I type a wrong word.
But my biggest problem, I spent five years in getting names into a database so that when I type it, it no longer comes up as a misspelled name.
So every time I type Mark Calcavecchia it comes up as misspelled word until I push the learn button.

So the question is simple, were was the old database of my learn words and how can I restore those words to Spell Catcher.

Thanks

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

The Apple Store purged all of the Plist I think it's called saying it would create new ones.
Only problem, every program is now like brand new in asking for a License and having to register. In the case of Spell Catcher nothing was set up, it took me hours to figure out how to have a list of right words pop up when I type a wrong word.
But my biggest problem, I spent five years in getting names into a database so that when I type it, it no longer comes up as a misspelled name.
So every time I type Mark Calcavecchia it comes up as misspelled word until I push the learn button.

So the question is simple, were was the old database of my learn words and how can I restore those words to Spell Catcher.

Thanks

Do you not have a backup of your old hard disk, or at least your home folder, anywhere?

All Spell Catcher’s files generally reside in your home ~/Library/Application Support/Spell Catcher folder. If you can dig up an old one you should get all your data back.

You may even be able to get your old Spell Catcher preferences back as well (com.rainmaker.SpellCatcher.plist file from ~/Library/Preferences).

No backups, then you've got a problem…

As for getting a list of suggestions to pop-up, just select "Auto-Show Suggestions" using the Pop-Up Suggestions List in the submenu in Spell Catcher X Input menu (yellow checkmark).

Definitely in Spell Catcher’s online Help Book.

#5 Golfersal

Golfersal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

Have sent you a screen shot of what I think that I should be looking for.

Is this the file and were does it have to live to work?
Can I just move it into the right folder.

Very screwed up on all of this.

Thanks

Again tried to send you a pdf but at 284 k says it's too big.

#6 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

Have sent you a screen shot of what I think that I should be looking for.

Is this the file and were does it have to live to work?
Can I just move it into the right folder.

Very screwed up on all of this.

Thanks

Again tried to send you a pdf but at 284 k says it's too big.

Send it to our feedback email address. In the Spell Catcher app, choose Help > Send Feedback by E-Mail.