• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NotoriusEXE

NotoriusEXE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

I apologize for posting this in this forum, but apparently any posts in the Spell Catcher Plus forum are ignored and I do not see any other forums that are relevant to post in.

I see that Rainmaker responds regularly to X forum posts, but it appears they have abandoned the SCP forum. I see questions in here were addressed today, but questions that are even years old in the SCP forum are unaddressed. Apparently it is completely ignored.

So my question is, what is the status of SCP? Will there be any further development, bug fixes, versions or support in the forums? It seems to me rather inconsiderate for Rainmaker to just ignore the people who post there and say nothing of what they can expect going forward. If the product is abandoned, you have a right to make that decision, but please don't ignore your customers.

Again, I apologize for posting this if this is the wrong forum for it. But it appears that any attempt to get a response to this or other questions posted in the SCP forum is ignored.

I hope you will please let us know what is going on with this product. If you donít support the SCP forum any more, please consider closing it. It is very frustrating, as a customer, to be ignored.

Thank you.

#2 NotoriusEXE

NotoriusEXE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

Wow, this is disturbing.

I see that Rainmaker had responded to other comments since this was posted but is apparently ignoring this post. I am not a complainer and rarely post any negative comments to or about the service I get from a developer. As a matter of fact I can't ever remember doing this before. And I am very patient because I understand that there is often more work to handle than staff available. But I am frankly very frustrated that Rainmaker seems unwilling to respond to anyone about Spell Catcher even though people have been asking about this for a year or more.... and even though I went out of my way to get their attention with this post.

It's one thing to give people information that they are not happy about, like letting them know there are no further plans to develop Spell Catcher (if that is indeed the case), but its another to completely ignore your customers. That shows a level of cynicism and animosity towards your customers that is not admirable. I don't think it reflects well on your company or your products.

Am I wrong? Do you think that is an appropriate way to treat your customers?

#3 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:20 AM

Wow, this is disturbing.

I see that Rainmaker had responded to other comments since this was posted but is apparently ignoring this post. I am not a complainer and rarely post any negative comments to or about the service I get from a developer. As a matter of fact I can't ever remember doing this before. And I am very patient because I understand that there is often more work to handle than staff available. But I am frankly very frustrated that Rainmaker seems unwilling to respond to anyone about Spell Catcher even though people have been asking about this for a year or more.... and even though I went out of my way to get their attention with this post.

It's one thing to give people information that they are not happy about, like letting them know there are no further plans to develop Spell Catcher (if that is indeed the case), but its another to completely ignore your customers. That shows a level of cynicism and animosity towards your customers that is not admirable. I don't think it reflects well on your company or your products.

Am I wrong? Do you think that is an appropriate way to treat your customers?

I'm really sorry not to have responded to these (entirely legitimate) concerns about the future of Spell Catcher Plus, and was hoping (waiting) to be able to give folks better news than I currently have to.

Basically, the developer of Spell Catcher Plus (John Tytler) felt he had to take a break from working on the product after his Mother passed away a few months ago. After a bunch of travelling, along with other (non-software related) work, he just couldnít get back into working on Spell Catcher Plus for a few reasons. I keep hoping that he'll change his mind sometime soon, but that just doesn't appear to be happening.

It's quite unfortunate, as he was making good progress on the major Spell Catcher Plus upgrade he was working on. But the reality is/was that more work was needed before we could call it "shippable." He was having a great deal of difficulty picking up where he left off - too much time had gone by.

I don't want to close the Spell Catcher Plus forums - there are still customers out there that may have questions that we can answer. But the big one, "when's the next update?", isn't one we can give a "happy" answer to.

Sorry to take so long to give this news, but that's just the way things are at this time. And likely to be for the foreseeable future.

#4 VexedSCPUser

VexedSCPUser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:38 AM

I'm really sorry not to have responded to these (entirely legitimate) concerns about the future of Spell Catcher Plus, and was hoping (waiting) to be able to give folks better news than I currently have to.

Basically, the developer of Spell Catcher Plus (John Tytler) felt he had to take a break from working on the product after his Mother passed away a few months ago. After a bunch of travelling, along with other (non-software related) work, he just couldnít get back into working on Spell Catcher Plus for a few reasons. I keep hoping that he'll change his mind sometime soon, but that just doesn't appear to be happening.

It's quite unfortunate, as he was making good progress on the major Spell Catcher Plus upgrade he was working on. But the reality is/was that more work was needed before we could call it "shippable." He was having a great deal of difficulty picking up where he left off - too much time had gone by.

I don't want to close the Spell Catcher Plus forums - there are still customers out there that may have questions that we can answer. But the big one, "when's the next update?", isn't one we can give a "happy" answer to.

Sorry to take so long to give this news, but that's just the way things are at this time. And likely to be for the foreseeable future.

Evan: So how can you in good conscious continue to sell a product that given your statement above, has been abandoned? You are patently misleading, via your web site, any and all new customers regarding support. If you expect them to rely only on other users for support--that is very sketchy if not bordering on fradulent . Do you really have so little respect left for your company? You owe it to your existing and potential future customers to make the state of SCP public, post a very visible notice on your main web site and suspend sales until the product status is resolved. I mean c'mon, you're Canadian. We don't do this kind of stuff. Give your head a shake. Anyway, you've officially confirmed that I will have to abandon all hope of having my issues with SCP resolved, uninstall SCP from my (Win7 64) system and start searching elsewhere for a competitor's product. :angry: