• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sschario

sschario

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 11:10 AM

First of all, John and Evan...Best Wishes for a smooth transition. I have enjoyed being a registered user of Spell Catcher 8 for several years. Your software's value to me is such that its absence from my Mac is a daily source of regret.

Back in April, I felt the need to reformat my hard disk. In my attempt to reinstall Spell
Catcher 8 it became immediately apparent that the zip disk copy that I had as a backup was, unfortunately, no longer readable. After repeated unanswered emails to C&G, they finally provided me with a link to re-download. It didn't work. Numerous follow-up emails to the company went unanswered; now I know why.

Admittedly, my situation is not the most unfortunate to come out of the demise of C&G. Nor do I expect it to be whisked to the top of your to-do list. When time permits, will it be possible to access another download of SC8?

Best Wishes,
Steven

#2 Guest_rriforumadmin_*

Guest_rriforumadmin_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2003 - 04:57 PM

First of all, John and Evan...Best Wishes for a smooth transition. I have enjoyed being a registered user of Spell Catcher 8 for several years. Your software's value to me is such that its absence from my Mac is a daily source of regret.

Back in April, I felt the need to reformat my hard disk. In my attempt to reinstall Spell
Catcher 8 it became immediately apparent that the zip disk copy that I had as a backup was, unfortunately, no longer readable. After repeated unanswered emails to C&G, they finally provided me with a link to re-download. It didn't work. Numerous follow-up emails to the company went unanswered; now I know why.

Admittedly, my situation is not the most unfortunate to come out of the demise of C&G. Nor do I expect it to be whisked to the top of your to-do list. When time permits, will it be possible to access another download of SC8?

Best Wishes,
Steven

I'd like to say that yes, we're going to be able to accommodate folks in your situation (i.e. that bought the product some time ago but have lost it for some reason or another), but to tell the honest truth, I don't quite know how we're going to implement something like this.

First priority is our online store, then re-vamping this web site with some actual product information, then getting the minor updates I mentioned in the News page that have updated URLs, license agreements, copyright notices, etc. done, then implementing some sort of opt-in mailing list for product news and updates, then figuring out how to best use the customer data we were given by C&G just last week (which really only consists of online sales and those that chose to register online), and then how to deal with situations such as yours from the data in the customer base.

Phew.

Lots to do as you can see.

And I'm gladly accepting advice from anyone reading this on how to get things like this up and running on our site...

Are you TOTALLY stuck? Have you scoured your backups to see if another copy exists? Didn't you backup whatever was on your hard drive before reformatting it? If you DID backup before formatting, you should take a look there. It's not strictly necessary to have the actual installer if you have the various pieces somewhere.

Evan Gross

#3 sschario

sschario

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 01:47 AM

Evan,

My "back-up" at the time consisted only of things (files, docs, etc.) that I knew I couldn't replace. I mistakenly assumed that all my apps could be successfully reinstalled via cd or Zip. My previous complete back-up was erased after presumed no longer needed.

I appreciate your predicament. When you are able to get to this is when it'll get done. Thanks in advance.

Meanwhile, I will look around the house again for a lost copy. Dad always told me, "...take care of your tools." Lesson learned.

If I get too impatient...there's always eBay or LEM Swap.

Steven