Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:10 AM
Just want to know if you have insight, solutions, improvements to share.
Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:21 PM
Are you using Spell Catcher’s input method component (as described in our FAQ) with Outlook?
Does this only affect Outlook?
Ghostwriter tries pretty hard to be conservative when it writes to disk. Are you seeing that disk I/O is heavier when Ghostwriter is turned on?
More changes were made to Ghostwriter in the input method application than the input method component, but neither had any sort of known performance issues...
Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:43 PM
The delay is like .5 seconds per character or so. I type the next character and the previous character appears. I don't know if it increases but I don't think so, cause I type at a steady pace for the most part.
Where would I look for I/O behavior?
Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:52 PM
At any rate, 0.5 seconds per character is an insane amount of delay. Shouldn't happen regardless of Spell Catcher X version or Mac OS X version or application you're using. Something else is going on - can't imagine what.
Do the contents of your Ghostwriter files look OK? Is this restricted to Outlook? What other apps are affected?
All I can think of is that something's "wrong" with the Ghostwriter files or subfolder(s) themselves. Some sort of corruption perhaps?
What is the exact version of Spell Catcher X 10.3.x that you're using? Latest is 10.3.7.
What if you try with a fresh Ghostwriter folder to see if that makes a difference? To do this, you should:
- Choose a keyboard (flag icon) from the Input menu.
- Log out and in again, making sure that the Spell Catcher application does not open automatically.
- In the Finder, navigate to your (home) ~/Library/Application Support/Spell Catcher/ folder.
- Move the Ghostwriter Folder out onto your Desktop (in case this experiment doesn't work, and there's something in your Ghostwriter folder that you don't want to lose).
- Now fire up Spell Catcher (choose it from the Input menu).
- (A new Ghostwriter folder should get created).