4 replies to this topic

#1 goober

goober

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

SC 10.4.1, OS 10.6.4; plenty of processor, plenty of RAM on 2011 MacBook Pro;
I edited "U.S. English - My Shorthands.glossary". When I clicked on the close button, i received the message that it could not be saved. SC is also hanging and won't close when I shut down computer.

Also: your website won't allow me to upload a 33k pdf snapshot of the error message, which says: "The document 'U.S. English - My Shorthands. glossary' couid not be saved."

What's up??

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

Have you ever been able to save changes to that particular Shorthand Glossary file? Or any other Spell Catcher reference document for that matter?

If you use the Show in Finder function (Spell Catcher Preferences, References pane, drill down your language, select it and choose "Show in Finder" from the Action button is one of many ways), then Get Info in the Finder, what are the Sharing and Permissions set to?

I'll try now to see why you can't upload such a small file. If still no luck, send the screen shot to our feedback email address.

#3 goober

goober

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Attached File  Get Info-2012-01-30 at 2.54.12 PM.png   116.9KB   3 downloadsAttached File  My Shorthands Glossary could not be saved-2012-01-30 at 2.44.27 PM.png   57.14KB   3 downloads

Yes, I have been able to save in the past. However, my original User account was getting wonky with a couple of things, so I made a new User account and copied over the SC stuff into the same relative location in the new User Library.

I did Find File on U.S. English in the References Pane. It took me to the SC application in my applications folder. "Sharing & Permissions" says "You have custom access". My username is not shown at all. "system", "admin" [with a one person icon showing], "admin" [with a two person icon], and "everyone" [with a three person icon are each showing]; I will email a snapshot of the "Get Info" page.

#4 goober

goober

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Attached File  Get Info-2012-01-30 at 2.54.12 PM.png   116.9KB   3 downloadsAttached File  My Shorthands Glossary could not be saved-2012-01-30 at 2.44.27 PM.png   57.14KB   3 downloads

Yes, I have been able to save in the past. However, my original User account was getting wonky with a couple of things, so I made a new User account and copied over the SC stuff into the same relative location in the new User Library.

I did Find File on U.S. English in the References Pane. It took me to the SC application in my applications folder. "Sharing & Permissions" says "You have custom access". My username is not shown at all. "system", "admin" [with a one person icon showing], "admin" [with a two person icon], and "everyone" [with a three person icon are each showing]; I will email a snapshot of the "Get Info" page.

#5 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

What I want to see is the same Get Info window for your "U.S. English - My Shorthands" file. In Spell Catcher > Preferences, References pane, click the disclosure triangle to the left of U.S. English to reveal all the references for U.S. English, then select the "....My Shorthands..." file, and choose "Show in Finder" from the Action button near the bottom of the window (to the right of the [-] button). Alternatively, you can control-click on the file and choose Show in Finder from the shortcut menu.

Still, something looks "funny" with the permissions for the Spell Catcher application, however I doubt that's the cause of this particular issue. However, it may well point to a bigger permissions problem with other files on your hard drive.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shorthands