• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LeonO

LeonO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

I recently changed to a new Macbook Pro (Intel) running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 from my G5 tower.I downloaded a new copy of SC 4.x since my older version was for PPC. SC installed correctly and I paid for a new license. SC works fine (with one bug that also happened on the older version on my G5 - which I will put up on a different part of the Forum).

HOWEVER - I have since upgraded my MacOS to Lion and SC to 4.1. Now, even though SC continues to work well, every time I restart the computer (and some seemingly random times as well), SC puts up the “Do you accept ...” window and the install window. I can manually close the windows, but it’s a pain and seems to be an indication that something isn’t right with my SC installation.

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Do you mean the license agreement window that appears when you open the installation disk image? Post a screenshot of what you see.

This would mean you have an alias to a file on the installation disk installed somewhere, and it's getting opened/launched by the Mac OS itself. If you can pin down the exact time(s) you see this appear, then you should be able to figure it out pretty easily.

See if that item is an alias file to something on the installation disk.

If my assumption seems wrong, then I really need to see screenshots of what you're seeing. Post them here in your reply, or via email to our feedback address (Spell Catcher application, Help > Send Feedback by E-Mail).

#3 LeonO

LeonO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

The situation seems to happen mostly when I open other applications. It also happens when I try to install new or updated applications. I will take screen shot(s) the next time it happens.

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Please do take a screen shot and upload it in a reply here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: installation, lion, upgrade