3 replies to this topic

#1 jason

jason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

Hi Evan-

I just updated my MacSpeech 1.5 to Dragon Dictate 2.5 for the Mac.
Now in any text box in Safari it just types gibberish when Spell Catcher is enabled.

For example:

“What time is it”… No problem when spell catcher is off in Safari.

"WWWt iie iiiit" … This is what I get with spell catcher enabled.

My guess is it has something to do with the clipboard (or maybe a glossary with the "WWW"… my 1st thought was to disable CopyPaste Pro… But that had no effect, I only get the correct dictation in Safari when Spell Catcher is turned off.

Hope you might have some thoughts...

Thanks

Jason… A user of Spell Catcher for at least 13 years… And Thunder 7 before that.

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

Does this only happen in Safari? What about a more "basic" app like TextEdit?

What about other input methods? Do they cause problems? If you know how to use Apple's Kotoeri, give it a try- at least in Romaji input mode. Let me know the results.

(Sounds more like a bug in Dragon Dictate with respect to handling text input to me - but too early and too little info for me to say right now. Do you know whether they have a demo version? Have you ever used their product with Spell Catcher X successfully? Earlier version of DD, SCX, Mac OS X?)

#3 tailspin

tailspin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy Football

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hi Evan,

I was using DragonDictate 2.5.2 with Safari 5.0.5 and dictating text without a problem, and I upgraded to Safari 5.1.2. That's when I began experiencing gibberish, no matter where I dictated in Safari.

I also discovered if I went to the menubar and displayed the input source (the flag) instead of the Spell Catcher logo, I could dictate flawlessly once again. The minute I change the input source from (the flag) to the Spell Catcher logo, the gibberish returned.

So, the problem exists between Safari that 5.1.2 and Spell Catcher 10.4.1 and not DragonDictate 2.5.2.

I went to the DragonDictate website (for the Mac): <http://www.nuance.co...-mac/index.htm> however, it doesn't look like they offer a demo.

i hope that sheds a little more light on the problem...

Regards,

tailspin

Mac OS 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Hmm, without a demo I can try I'm kind of dead in the water here.

Not sure what to try next. I'll go to their website and try asking them if there's a demo I can try to test and diagnose the problem.