1 reply to this topic

#1 Linn

Linn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Hi,

Been using Spell Catcher since [at least] OS 8. Couldn't be without it. So, when things that I do so automatically stop working I almost can't tell what's not working, what I'm doing and what I'm expecting it to do, exactly because it's SO automatic (does that make any sense?)

Anyway, all of a sudden, within the last day or two, it appears that all of the keyboard commands for IGNORE, IGNORE ALL & FORGET ALL etc. (all of the COMMANDS in the suggested spelling window) seem to no longer work using their keyboard commands. They WILL work from the pull down menu and the 1, 2,3, etc. all DO fill in the chosen selection correctly.

I'm running SC 10.3.7 under OS 10.5.8 and it seems to be happening no matter what application I am in. I've checked all the logical suspects (QuicKeys, Keyboard Maestro) for any conflicts so far I don't see anything. I'm a bit of a software junkie and I suspect something else I've installed may be causing the problem but I'm open to any suggestions you may have or suggested ways of diagnosing the cause before I try to figure this out on my own.

WAIT ! Never mind ! Writing this just made me think about the most recent thing I installed and BINGO ! That was it ! The conflict was an application called MouseStat (which gives you the location of your mouse/cursor on the screen). Not sure why it would be a problem but quitting it returned SC functionality to normal. Whew !

Obviously, I no longer require a reply, but I'll go ahead and leave this post so that you'll have the information about this discovery and just in case someone else runs into the same problem.

Thank you for helping me out.

#2 Stephanie Gross

Stephanie Gross

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for this report and it will be logged.