• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 outtacontext

outtacontext

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

I'm using Outlook 2011 at work and at home and I'm finding I'm having the same problem. Whenever I misspell a word Outlook hangs (the beach ball) and I have to force quit. I'm using OS 10.6.8 and Spell Catcher 10.3.7

I read your FAQ and I added Outlook to the list to "Use input method component in this application where possible." But when I went to make sure that the input method is turned on in the Sys Prefs (without the 64bit) I don't see a choice for a non-64 bit Spell Catcher input method. I even reinstalled both methods.

How can I complete your suggested solution so that my Outlook doesn't freeze when it finds a misspelled word?

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Did you scroll/search for input sources with "spell" in the name?

When you choose Spell Catcher > About Spell Catcher does it show that the input method component is installed?

Attach screen shots if necessary.

#3 outtacontext

outtacontext

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

This is strange. When I scrolled down the Input Sources in the System Prefs I saw absolutely no mention of Spell Checker (non-64 bit). I only saw the 64 bit version. However, this morning, when I followed your suggestion to search for any instance of "spell" the non-64 bit version showed up. What's with that? Anyway, I checked it and, hopefully, this will solve my problem with Outlook 2011 hanging when I type a misspelled word.