• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rakins2

rakins2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

I have found it necessary to switch to MS Word from Apple Pages. I am used to misspelled words being hi lighted in Red, missing Caps in purple etc. then click on the red block and drop down of suggestions. This feature is wonderful for us careless typer. I hear the voice (I have it set to say curious] when I misspell and it is underlined in red but the big blocks of color are so much easier to see. In pages it works great.

I can not figure out how to turn this on in Word.

Help Please

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

How exactly are you using Spell Catcher X in Pages when you see the "color-coded" words you mention? There are four distinct ways Spell Catcher could be used in Pages - interactive checking via Spell Catcher’s input method, Spell Catcher’s Check Selection command, Spell Catcher’s DirectCorrect feature (found in its Input menu), and/or the Mac OS X system-wide spelling checker (Edit > Spelling and Grammar). Only Check Selection and DirectCorrect would show possible errors in these colors, though.

As for using Spell Catcher with Word, only Spell Catcher’s interactive checking (via its Input Method/Input menu) are available. This is because MS Word does not:
  • Support the Mac OS X system-wide spell checker (Spelling Panel - Edit > Spelling and Grammar and friends), and
  • Does not support the various text input and accessibility features that Spell Catcher uses/requires for its DirectCorrect feature.
Not sure if that fully answer your question(s) - if you could elaborate on how you're using Spell Catcher in Pages that would help. Post a reply with any relevant screen shots of Pages if necessary.

(Sorry for the delay getting back - I've been away for a week on holiday)