5 replies to this topic

#1 steven-artist

steven-artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:27 AM

Hello,

almost a month ago I send a message to your support, but did not get any answer yet.

please assist me, thanks.

MAC OS X 10.7.4

Hello,

I purchased the Dutch language plugin in, but I cannot install it, can you please assist me?

Name: Steven V.
Your Spell Catcher X License Code(s):
xxxx

I have put it in the correct folder, and restarted Spell catcher twice.
It does not appear in the language section of the program.

I also tried to open the file itself:
Here is a snapshot with the error message when I double click it,
https://skitch.com/s...s/spell-catcher

thanks,
kindly,
Steven

#2 Cortig

Cortig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Well, sadly, Evan Gross, the author of Spell Catcher passed away a short while ago. This explains why your support request was unanswered.
Language files (with a .language extension) go there:
~/Library/Application Support/Spell Catcher/Additional Languages

Could you check that you copied the file to this location?

After you relaunch SCX, you should see Dutch listed in the Set Language menu item in the SCX Input Menu in the menu bar.

Corentin

#3 steven-artist

steven-artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

Thanks for your reply, and sorry to hear Evan Gross passed away, my condolences.

Yes, I have copied the Dutch file in this additional languages folder, but it does not show up
in the spell catcher language menu, I also refreshed my license key, and nothing happens,
I cannot get it running.

When I bought this update I got this message:

"At this time, the procedure for adding additional languages to your Spell Catcher X license is not completely automated. This is (unfortunately) the case even if you purchased a license for Spell Catcher X at the same time.

Once your order is processed and we are notified of this purchase, we will manually update your Spell Catcher X license for use with the language(s) you have purchased".

Maybe they still need to do this manually, I hope they do and inform me about the present workflow.

Steven

#4 warrengentry

warrengentry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

That indeed is sad news. Does anyone know if there is someone to carry on his work and maintain the user base and web store?

#5 steven-artist

steven-artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hello there, I still haven`t received any help with this issue, with all respect to the circumstances, I would appreciate urgent assistance in this matter, I still cannot use the language I have bought weeks ago.

Anyone there who can help?

#6 Stephanie Gross

Stephanie Gross

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience and delay. This week we are checking the database regarding the dutch language issue, getting orientation on the process as there is a manual component to be done to update this language license in the database. Working to get this problem solved for you in the next couple days. Will let you know in the next 48 hours as we try to get your language license operational. You also have the option to get a refund from the Kagi store within 30 days of purchase. The Kagi can be reached by e-mail at help@kagi.com or by telephone at +1-510-658-5244.

Thanks for your patience.