• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cdiv_mcm

cdiv_mcm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:30 AM

I'm working in a bilingual environment (French and English) and I want to know if Spellcatcher support French dictonnaries.

The application I want to use SCP with is on a Citrix Terminal Server with a seamless windows activated. If SC is running localy, will it "catch" the information from the Citrix windows?

Thanks

Matthieu Fortin
RCMP - Major Case Management
Network administrator

#2 Apple Peel

Apple Peel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 02:22 PM

SpellCatcher is multilingual and has both French and Canadian French dictionaries.

As for SCX working in your particular setup, I'm not entirely sure, but SCX works with most standards-compliant Mac OS X applications. It does tend to choke in an application such as Terminal, however, so you'd probably need to double-check.

Pierre

latext.com - Literature and Visual Arts
Betalogue - Personal Blog
Apple Peel - Mac Columnist at Applelust.com

#3 Guest_rriforumadmin_*

Guest_rriforumadmin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2003 - 04:06 PM

I'm working in a bilingual environment (French and English) and I want to know if Spellcatcher support French dictonnaries.

The application I want to use SCP with is on a Citrix Terminal Server with a seamless windows activated.  If SC is running localy, will it "catch" the information from the Citrix windows?

Thanks

Matthieu Fortin
RCMP - Major Case Management
Network administrator

I honestly have no clue if it will work with Citrix windows, I've never even heard of them.

If it's a Carbon or Cocoa application, chances are good. If it's X11, you're probably out of luck. If it's Java, it should work in SCX version 10.1, coming in a couple of months.

Evan

#4 Apple Peel

Apple Peel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 07:51 AM

Evan,

Any particular reason why SCX's Interactive features don't work right in Terminal (on my machine anyway)?

Pierre

#5 paulc

paulc

Advanced Member

• Co-Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 10:55 AM

Must say that I had to scratch my head at the thought of a spell checker in Terminal! All of the folks I know who use the cli heavily never seem to have an issue as they know all the commands backwards and forwards.

Then again, you may be coming from someone who uses vi or pico to write rather than an external text editor (TextEdit, BBEdit, Tex-Edit, etc.).

At the very least, if a method was found to run SCX in Terminal, at least a dictionary of cli commands needs to be found... know of any good sources?

IMHO I would suggest that there are a number of issues that should be addressed first before figuring out how to enable SCX for vi or pico users.

#6 Apple Peel

Apple Peel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 12:44 PM

I was thinking of the ability to use SCX's glossary features rather than the spell checker in Terminal...

But it definitely is not a big priority AFAIAC.

Pierre

#7 Guest_rriforumadmin_*

Guest_rriforumadmin_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2003 - 05:02 PM

I was thinking of the ability to use SCX's glossary features rather than the spell checker in Terminal...

But it definitely is not a big priority AFAIAC.

Pierre

It might work ok in some Terminal apps (but since you generally can't backspace beyond the beginning of a line, well, it's only *so* useful).

BUT Apple's Terminal.app is a very strange beast - their text handling is kind of bizarre.

SCX doesn't work very well in it at all. More Apple's fault than mine.

Evan