• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kerryd

kerryd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

I find Spell Catcher is constantly losing its input. Do you still need to run spell Catcher activator. I thought for some reason no but I might be wrong.

#2 Stephanie Gross

Stephanie Gross

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

Please read this post, I believe this is a Mountain Lion Issue:

"Just to weigh in here (longtime SC fan).

I upgraded to Mountain Lion (10.8.2 on a quad core Mac Pro) this past week. SpellCatcher worked for the first few days. And then it stopped showing up in the Input menu bar.

Here's what I've tried so far:

- rebuild permissions, restart. Many times.
- reinstalling SC from scratch.
- use Stephanie's suggestion above (quit SC, remove plist files, restart)
- toggle Input Sources on and off.

Only the last will work, but only until I click on anything other than the System Preference window. Once I do that, the Input menu goes back to the US flag and SC quits.

If any SC has found any other utilities and apps that are working as at least temporary replacements (mainly for shorthand autotext autocompletes), please pass them on. I'll keep checking back here to see how things are progressing and if anyone else has found some Mountain Lion fixes."

#3 Stephanie Gross

Stephanie Gross

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Make sure that in Mac (Apple) Text and Language Preferences that Spell Catcher application are all checked off in the Input Sources settings. Also in the same dialogue box, make sure that you check off show input menu in the menu bar.