• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Luie_Tuur

Luie_Tuur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Whit many respect to the family of the developer.
I used Spell Catcher for many years now... but is this the end of Spell Catcher? What brings the future?

Kind regards to all,
Tuur L.

#2 Stephanie Gross

Stephanie Gross

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

This is a very valid question and thanks for your respects.

We are looking for a developer to upgrade the program for Spell Catcher X. The decision to continue with Spell Catcher Plus at this point is pending.

Spell Catcher took a lifetime to develop, and upgrading the program has sometimes taken a complete rewrite. Because of this, a senior developer is needed. There are also third party systems to be integrated into the software with respect to languages and some other functions.

There are people, myself included, using Spell Catcher X 10.4.1 with Mountain Lion 10.8.x with some issues being reported. There are depreciated features like sync to mobile me that has to be updated, as well as some other issues, however many people are using Spell Catcher with Lion and Mountain Lion, though the last update was in December 2011.

When we have secured a developer who is able to upgrade the program it will be announced. We are moving much more quickly this past month, as prior to that, legal and financial matters required a delay in moving forward.

When a developer is secured to upgrade the program, and it's feasible, Spell Catcher will be updated for both Mountain Lion and the new OS that will be launched this summer.

If Spell Catcher Plus is not developed further, in the future this may be made open source however, that is not a final decision and we are still researching at this time.

In the meantime, sales and tech support has been available and we are making all efforts to be prompt, helpful and thorough with requests when requests come to rainmakerinc support/licensing/info/feedback/ emails. There was a backlog of emails over the summer, however, since early fall, emails and support have been available. Only some issues have remained unsolved, like application specific bugs, or complex issues with unicode, browser compatibility, languages etc. Routine sales requests and support questions for operating and setting up and working with Spell Catcher are answered.

The forum posts have lagged compared to questions sent to support, however, the response time on the forum will be improved.

Thanks for your support. I hope this answers your question or at least sheds some light.

#3 DmitriiVelichutin

DmitriiVelichutin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

What about flyble two seaters ? I voted for AI 2-seaters, since those are needed and no other possibilty to vote, but they certainly should be flyable Greetings, Catfish