• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DEddy

DEddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

So far SCX appears to be working ok in Mavericks v10.9.5.

I use SCX for spell check & dictionary lookup.

#2 paulc

paulc

Advanced Member

• Co-Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

Interesting. I had been on Snow Leopard, but HAD to finally move up... to Mav 10.9.5 (2 days ago!). I did choose to ONLY migrate User Data, not applications or computer & network settings.

Moved the application over manually and whaddya know, it mostly does seem to be working (weird, the applications launches on boot even though it is not listed in my Preferences as a log in item). Only issue I see is that sometimes Check Selection (which is what I do mostly) can take a very long time to present it's list. Sometimes, not every time.

In poking around, I see something I had no idea about... it APPEARS that the Users/<me>/Library folder did NOT get migrated. So I see the Spell Catcher IM and Spell Catcher.component files did not migrate anywhere to my new system.

Hmmm, very odd. Should I manually do anything here, I sure remember that things go very bad without at least the component file?

I'm also very curious about Yose and beyond... or is this software that will kinda sorta work until it no longer does and then that's it? Far as I know, isn't SC pretty much the only game in town? Gotta say I be hoping this is just Evan taking a long break before getting re-energized (hopefully)!

Oh my goodness... after I wrote this I learned that Evan is no longer with us, I am SOOOO sad. I was a long time beta tester and fondly remember all the exchanges we had, down to him running with his beloved dogs.

#3 Bill P.

Bill P.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

Hello paulc,

<<Oh my goodness... after I wrote this I learned that Evan is no longer with us, I am SOOOO sad. I was a long time beta tester and fondly remember all the exchanges we had, down to him running with his beloved dogs.>>

Thank you for sharing. It's like loosing an old friend. Evan filled a void with his clever spell check programs for so many years....

Best,

Bill

#4 arodney

arodney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

Unable to get SC X to operate in 10.10, anyone else? When keyboard is set for SC, in some applications, the keyboard doesn't work at all (moving to US fixes that).