#1 sjordi

sjordi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Volcanology, computing, skiing, classical music, literature

Posted 11 July 2003 - 02:39 PM

Hi,
A nice new option would be to allow SpellCatcher to skip lines starting with ">".

If you're in an email application and start answering someone, his/her text is preceded by ">"...

Before sending the message, selecting all and checking your text is quite often stopping on mistakes you didn't type in.

It would be nice to have an option to allow you to check only "your" text, not the received one.

Now ok, I agree, :blink: , you may have a problem when the Email text editor uses the "Flowed" option and you have that long vertical black line instead of a ">" prefix...

But this is just my 2 cents... I'm sure others have the same feeling ;)

Steve

#2 paulc

paulc

Advanced Member

• Co-Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 06:21 PM

There are a few things you can do right now. One would be to use interactive checking.. then only what you type will be spell checked.

If you dislike interactive (truth be told, I do), then get your thoughts down, select the tect you wrote and do a "Check Selection." In order for it to check your words AND the quoted part, you might have done a select all.

I offer you these ideas in that there have been numerous issues that have surfaced with the current feature set that my guess would be dealt with first before adding new functionality.

#3 sjordi

sjordi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Volcanology, computing, skiing, classical music, literature

Posted 12 July 2003 - 12:56 PM

Paul,
thanks for your input.
Actually, yes I do like the interactive correction, but sometimes I just prefer to spell check only at the end. And since my main use with SpellCacther is what I post online (email, newsgroups, etc...) it is used a lot! And that's why I have a lot of text preceded by ">" :)

Mainly I write in French and the usual Addictive spell checkers are unusable. They stop on almost every word. But Spell Catcher does a good job.

Steve