• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 merrifield

merrifield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 01:41 AM

One of my (very few) nags with Spell Catcher for Windows is the constant need to confirm which applications that it should run in. I want it to run in all applications... is there a way of telling it so? If it is not possible, could you make it possible to tick a box that makes it operate in all apps without dialogue boxes appearing?

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 04:55 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the question/suggestion... Spell Catcher currently should ask you if you want it to be active only once for each application you use, the first time you use this application with Spell Catcher.

If you're been asked repeatedly for the same application then you're most likely running an old version (pre-2.0.4). In this case your settings are not properly being saved, and you should consider upgrading. I can send you an upgrade directly or you'll be able to download one from this site in a week or so...

I like your suggestion about allowing folks to specify that they want SC "turned on" for each new application it encounters by default, thus skipping the question posing dialog box. I'm going to give it some thought...

Thanks,
John Tytler - Author, Spell Catcher for Windows

If you (or any other current user) want the upgrade just e-mail me for it...
john_at_rainmakerinc.com

#3 merrifield

merrifield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:22 AM

Hello again. Yes, it is true that SC only sends up a dialogue box once... but I find that it comes up many times because I run many apps... and each time I reinstall windows I have to go through the same procedure again... I would be very grateful if I could let SC know that I want it to operate in all apps.
Thanks for your reply
Michael Merrifield :huh: