• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rsalavey

rsalavey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 12:13 PM

I have recently upgraded from a 9600 w/G3 processor to an e-mac w/OSX and 9.9 both of which I use. The older version I have of Spell Catcher, 1.5.8, has been indespensable for many years. So many years trhat it came w/ flopies. I need to install it into the 9.2 and I can't. I am willing to purchase the OSX version, does it include an upgrade for the OS 9.2? What to do?

#2 Guest_rriforumadmin_*

Guest_rriforumadmin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2003 - 04:44 PM

I have recently upgraded from a 9600 w/G3 processor to an e-mac w/OSX and 9.9 both of which I use. The older version I have of Spell Catcher, 1.5.8, has been indespensable for many years. So many years trhat it came w/ flopies. I need to install it into the 9.2 and I can't. I am willing to purchase the OSX version, does it include an upgrade for the OS 9.2? What to do?

Spell Catcher 1.5.8 will never work on a modern version of the Mac OS! It's around 7 years old or so!

Regrettably, there's no way we can offer upgrades on product that old. Both SC8 and SCX are completely new products (from SC 1.5.8 and from each other), written totally from scratch in different development efforts.

We will eventually be able to offer discounted pricing for those that want to buy SC for different platforms at the same time from our online store. This is a few weeks off, though. We're simply not sure how to implement it. This is what you need to do - have SC8 running on Classic, and SCX running on OS X.

SC8 and SCX are completely different from one another, and run on different operating systems. Due to the nature of the program, it was technically impossible (compeletely, totally, absolutely) to have a single version that ran on both OS versions (as some Carbonized apps are able to do).

For now, there is only one option available, as much as you may think it sucks. That is, you have to buy a copy of each.

It's all we can do right now, realize that C&G was in the publishing business for 19 years and had all the technology in place to offer special deals such as this. We've only had two weeks to put this much together (and it's not much yet), and there are only two of us working on it, and we haven't been paid for over half a year for our own creations.

If you wan to wait a few weeks, we can probably save you $10...

Evan Gross