• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 matt9311

matt9311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:08 AM

By default, Spell Catcher Plus asks the user if it can be used for every new program it detects. I only have two programs that I wish to use the program with it. Is it possible to turn off the auto ask feature?

Thanks!

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:24 PM

Hi Matt,

Currently there is no way to turn off this feature. At present Spell Catcher will ask you if you want your typing checked the first time it sees you using a new application.

Spell Catcher should not be asking you repeatedly for the same application... it should be asking just once and remembering your response.

This being said, a new version is coming out in April. This version will be a free upgrade to all who are licensed users. It would be easy to add this feature into the new application. So you can expect to see it then.

Thanks for the question,
John Tytler - Author, Spell Catcher for Windows

#3 matt9311

matt9311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:36 PM

John,

Thanks for your prompt reply! I love SCP but I think I'll probably hold off until the new release if that feature is going to be modified. Thanks for a great program!

Matt

#4 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:14 PM

Hi again,

I just want to reiterate, for you and anyone else reading this post. There is no need to postpone a purchase while waiting for a new release. If you like Spell Catcher Plus now, you can be sure that future versions are only going to get better.

Additionally, those who purchase today won't have to purchase again when a new version comes out unless it's been over a year since they have purchased and the new version offers "substantial" new features - not just minor fixes and/or changes to accommodate a new Microsoft OS.

John