• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gene

Gene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 10:00 PM

I believe that my problem is very similar, if not identical, to the one that was described by Jeffrey Crockett. Somewhere along the way your attachment is stripped away and I have tried to use the alternate process without any success. I even ordered a CD hoping that it would by pass the entire key issuance problem but no luck with that approach either.

Please help with more specific instructions on how to drop the alternate solution into the Spell Catcher folder with the correct file extension.

The product is great but this key registration and installation process leaves a bit to be desired...

Gene

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:18 PM

Hi Gene,

Yes, you're not the only one to have troubles with the key delivery process. In fact, this is the biggest problem with Spell Catcher Plus.

It seems less than 1 in 20 people requesting keys have a problem of some sort... and that's too much, so we're coming out with a new version in a few weeks which will hopefully alleviate all problems with the key request / installation process.

Basically, the use of e-mail to deliver keys is going to be set aside as an alternative. The upcoming version will primarily request and install a key with the press of a single button, all that needs to be provided is a name and a "W250-" license number.

Meanwhile, I'll contact you directly through e-mail and we'll sort this issue out for you.

Cheers,
John Tytler - Author, Spell Catcher for Windows