• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vamp07

vamp07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 06:52 AM

I notice that sometimes when I check a section of text the corrections window will come up and appear to have focus but as soon as I type a number to select that word from the suggestions list my original text in the app I am correcting from gets overwritten with the number. Very annoying. Is there any work around for this? Could it be the keyboard combination I am using to do an interactive check (crtl-shift-s)?

Thanks

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 12:05 PM

Hi,

I just want to clarify what's going on...

You're running check selection on some selected text and the Check Selection dialog appears. It seems to have focus, yet it doesn't - focus is still on your document?

So when you enter a number to select a replacement in the passage your text in the document is replaced with that number.

Is this the case?

That sounds pretty strange... there are no visual clues that focus hasn't shifted to Spell Catcher's Check Selection dialog?

What version of Spell Catcher are you using?
Which OS are you using (NT, 98, XP, etc.)?
What application are you using Spell Catcher with when this happens?

Please get back to me in this thread
John Tytler, Author - Spell Catcher for Windows

#3 vamp07

vamp07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 06:38 PM

Your description of the problem is correct. I can reproduce it in gravity (news reader) or Word. As far as which has focus, When I hit crtl-shift-s both the corrections window and the app appear to have focus. Changing the shortcut to crtl-1 makes no difference. The problem is very easy to reproduce. The only way around it is to remember to click in the corrections window before I tell it which suggestion number to use.

I'm running XP pro with spell catcher plus 2.5.1

#4 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:31 AM

I can see now what you’ve been talking about. Thank you very much for this posting...

The problem has been fixed and will be included in the next release which is due out next week.

Meanwhile, if you’d like the fix earlier you can contact me through e-mail and I can send it to you... otherwise, just wait until next week for the full (free) update.

John Tytler - Author, Spell Catcher for Windows
john_isat_rainmakerinc_dot_com

#5 vamp07

vamp07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:15 PM

I never said thanks... The new release fixes this problem wonderfully.

Thanks!!!