3 replies to this topic

#1 ccrossman

ccrossman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:59 AM

Evan,

Do you plan to re-release the Ghost Writer ability in the next release of SpellCatcher X ( I believe that's what you called this particular feature)? It has saved me many times in the past. Having SpellCatcher record every keystroke into a text file in case of a crash or whatever is of an enormous value to me as a writer.

Thanks!

:)

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:45 PM

Evan,

Do you plan to re-release the Ghost Writer ability in the next release of SpellCatcher X ( I believe that's what you called this particular feature)?  It has saved me many times in the past.  Having SpellCatcher record every keystroke into a text file in case of a crash or whatever is of an enormous value to me as a writer.

Thanks!

Yes, it almost made it into 10.1, but it was going to delay the product another 3-4 weeks, so we yanked it. It will be in 10.2, whenever that appears (it is months away).

#3 ccrossman

ccrossman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:24 AM

Evan,

Ok. Since you said you Ghost Writer would appear in the "next" version, I thought with this new 10.1.2 that it would be there. I look forward to 10.2!

Thanks

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:26 PM

Evan,

Ok.  Since you said you Ghost Writer would appear in the "next" version, I thought with this new 10.1.2 that it would be there.  I look forward to 10.2!

Thanks

Next is always a nebulous thing in the software world.

It's slated for 10.2. 10.2.1 was released for "strategic" reasons (primarily related to the direct document access stuff - i.e. instantaneous replacements) so that it was part of the version of the app I entered to the Apple Design Awards (speech was just plain ordinary something fun to do).

So Ghostwriter wasn't a priority for this one - ensuring that this direct document access technology works as best as it can in future versions of OS X was the main motivation. If Apple sees developers using a technology, then they are more likely to get the bugs out of it!