• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ebeekhof

ebeekhof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 12:21 PM

Since I installed SpellCatcher I have quite a few problems.
AppleWorks crashes. have to shut down because computer crashes on start up.
other times start up and sleep is very slow, can't register on line since website is not found.
Power PC G4
Processor 733 MHz
Ram 640 MB
System 10.2.2
Don't know where to look up the start up files.

Thanks for assistance. Evelin Beekhof.

#2 Guest_rriforumadmin_*

Guest_rriforumadmin_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2003 - 02:03 AM

Since I installed SpellCatcher I have quite a few problems.
AppleWorks crashes. have to shut down because computer crashes on start up.
other times start up and sleep is very slow, can't register on line since website is not found.
Power PC G4
Processor 733 MHz
Ram 640 MB
System 10.2.2
Don't know where to look up the start up files.

Thanks for assistance. Evelin Beekhof.

Hi,

Sorry not to respond earlier. Still not quite used to this forum software...

At any rate, this is NOT a known problem. Lots of folks use SCX with AppleWorks all the time.

Make sure you've got the very latest version of AppleWorks for OS X. Apple released a 6.2.7 update not too long ago. You don't mention which version you're using.

You might also try the simple cure of trashing any AppleWorks preferences and try moving the "AppleWorks User Data" folder OUT of your Documents folder (onto the desktop for example) just in case there's something corrupt in there.

I also recommend updating to OS X 10.2.6 (go through every possible update in System Preferences/Software Update)

Not sure what you mean by "where to look up the start up files" - can you elaborate?

You will be able to register the product online soon, but since you bought the program from us via Kagi we have your information anyway.

STILL, it sounds like something else is up on your machine. I'd recommend repairing privileges with the Disk Utility application, and maybe doing a cache cleaning with something like Jaguar Cache Cleaner.

Also make sure you do a backup before updating to 10.2.6 - at least of your home directory. It's also recommended to repair permissions AFTER upgrading as well.

Again, this is not a known issue and points to something abnormal on your system. Finding out just what that is can be tricky, though.

Evan Gross
(Spell Catcher author)