• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Davo

Davo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 05:08 AM

I use a Mac with OSX at home, and a PC running XP at work. I was wondering if it is possible to share the reference files between the 2 operating systems, or I will I need to enter the data into each version of SpellCatcher? :unsure:

#2 Guest_rriforumadmin_*

Guest_rriforumadmin_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2003 - 04:11 PM

I use a Mac with OSX at home, and a PC running XP at work. I was wondering if it is possible to share the reference files between the 2 operating systems, or I will I need to enter the data into each version of SpellCatcher? :unsure:

They absolutely can be shared - or at least SCX can import SCplus references. The format is different (for a number of reasons related to performance on OS X). You won't be able to go the other way at this point in time, though (SCX to SCPlus).

So I'd probably enter your data on the PC and import it into the OS X version. But if this is unsuitable, let us know and we'll look at a solution for the next version.

Evan Gross

#3 paulc

paulc

Advanced Member

• Co-Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 11:20 AM

Are we talking about the learned words file? I would expect the main reference files to be the same between platforms.. no?

#4 Guest_rriforumadmin_*

Guest_rriforumadmin_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 03:42 PM

Are we talking about the learned words file? I would expect the main reference files to be the same between platforms.. no?

Yes, talking about Learned Words, shorhand glossary - user editable files.

The main (unalterable) spelling, thesaurus and definitions dictionary databases are identical between platforms.

Evan Gross