• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shrinq

shrinq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 10:19 PM

Hey - I need some help. I just bought a new G5 iMac and tried to install my old SC8, because I still use a Classic app every day and SC8 has been just great! However, the installation process didn't work. I decided, wrongly as it turns out, that perhaps I needed a more up-to-date version, so I bought and downloaded 8.1.3 today. That installer doesn't work either. I have tried restarting Classic without extensions...no better. I tried starting the machine with the shift key down; this boots up in "safe boot" but since I have Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, they don't work in safe mode. Thus, I can't activate the installer in that condition. It appears that under this OS (10.3.5), there is no way to start the machine directly with System 9 and bypassing OS X.

What now?

John

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 07 November 2004 - 05:35 AM

Contact me at our support email address, I'll set you up with a "manual installer" that you need to use on the new machines that don't boot into OS 9. There is currently no way to make an installer for Spell Catcher 8 that runs on OS X but installs (properly, at least) into the Classic environment.

It's not difficult, just copy a few files and folders to specific places.

#3 DavidH2

DavidH2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 05:34 PM

[quote name='Evan Gross' date='Nov 7 2004, 05:35 AM']
Contact me at our support email address, I'll set you up with a "manual installer" that you need to use on the new machines that don't boot into OS 9. There is currently no way to make an installer for Spell Catcher 8 that runs on OS X but installs (properly, at least) into the Classic environment.

It's not difficult, just copy a few files and folders to specific places.

Hi, Evan.
I am in the same boat at this fellow. Will you please also send to me the "manual installer?"
Thanks!

David

#4 Robin Tacza

Robin Tacza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:40 PM

I'm having the same problem trying to install to my new e-mac :(
could you send me information to install SC * manually... Thanks

#5 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:20 PM

You're going to have to contact us first by email, for no other reason besides giving me a current email address that I can reply to (I can't post it here on the forum, everyone would get a free copy of Spell Catcher 8 if I did that...).

#6 Robin Tacza

Robin Tacza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 10:53 AM

You're going to have to contact us first by email, for no other reason besides giving me a current email address that I can reply to (I can't post it here on the forum, everyone would get a free copy of Spell Catcher 8 if I did that...).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you very much for your Help!
I installed SC8 manually with the instructions that you gave me and It's working :rolleyes: