#1 mike j

mike j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 01:19 PM

You can download at www.software602.com

Using Win XP sp2.

Cannot get Spell Catcher v2.5.3.1 to paste back into 602Text. It seems 602Text will not re-capture the cursor focus. Iíve tried plain text and rtf formats, neither work for me. If I manually click back to the cursor position and click ďspace barĒ it will paste. But thatís a nuisance!

Any suggestions or is this a 602Text-specific problem?

Thanks

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:25 PM

Hi Mike,

I downloaded 602Suite and looked at 602Text's interaction with Spell Catcher. Here are my observations:

1) I found that interactive replacement doesn't work at all. Something happens but generally the results are totally undesirable. I'm not sure why this is happening - I've never seen another application interact with Spell Catcher so strangely.

2) Check selection seems to work - although only plain text that was put on the clipboard was processed. It doesn't look like 602 supports either RTF or HTML clipboard formats. This may be because I'm using only their free version - I didn't come across a list of limitations other than their built-in spell checking being disabled until the installation was registered.

I didn't experience any pasting problems when returning from a Check Selection operation.

3) The suggestion popup appears in the lower right corner of the screen. This indicates that 602Text isn't using Windows Cursor APIs. This was an issue with Word97 that MS fixed in subsequent versions.

Generally Spell Catcher doesn't interact well with 602Text. It's my feeling that the problems are a result of 602Text implementation.

Do you know if this is a popular Office like Suite? I may have to e-mail them to ask what's going on with their OS interaction. Spell Catcher interacts very well with most Windows applications - I don't understand why it has such a bad time with 602Text.

Thanks for alerting me to this application,
John Tytler,
Author - Spell Catcher Plus

#3 mike j

mike j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:30 AM

John,

Spell Catcher has worked great in everything else I have tried so I thought would you like to hear about 602Text. Did you notice that SC works just fine in 602Tab? (The spreadsheet application of 602Suite) I am just thrilled to see someone actually cares about their customers & product, thatís a rare breed anymore!

I`m not aware of how popular 602 software is. It seems like a great alternative to Office. At least for someone who doesnít even use it much.

>>It doesn't look like 602 supports either RTF or HTML clipboard formats.

I didnít realize that. I just assumed it was RTF.

One thing to consider - I have also used a free program called Tiny Spell. Itís basically a watered-down no-frills spell checker. But, what do you want for free? Anyway, it interacts well with 602Text. If you could find out what Tiny Spell is doing differently, maybe that would point you to a solution?

Regardless of this one glitch, I am happy with your software and just as importantly, great support! Thanks.

Mike