1 reply to this topic

#1 John Stevenson

John Stevenson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:55 PM

Couple off questions from a demo user.

First off is the program linked to a windows installation, by that I mean if I upgrade the computer/ operating system re install etc can I still use the key I have bought or do I need to apply for a new key?

Second question, do I need two licenses to run on my main computer and my laptop.
Some programs allow you this, some don't.
Can't seem to find that in the FAQ.

John S.

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:25 PM

Couple off questions from a demo user.

First off is the program linked to a windows installation, by that I mean if I upgrade the computer/ operating system re install etc can I still use the key I have bought or do I need to apply for a new key?

Second question, do I need two licenses to run on my main computer and my laptop.
Some programs allow you this, some don't.
Can't seem to find that in the FAQ.

John S.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi John,

Great question (I know the FAQs are lacking - we’ll get there someday)!

What you are buying for $40 is a license, not a key. That license will allow you to request keys for your Spell Catcher installations on all your machines. Generally speaking, each machine will require a different key. You request those keys using the same license, which costs $40.

If you buy a new computer or upgrade the OS, you can still use the same license to request a key so Spell Catcher will operate beyond the 15 day trial period on that machine.

Is there a limit to the number of keys you can request using the same license?

Generally speaking, no, provided you don’t go to town. A single license can’t be used to request keys for 10 different machines as soon as it is purchased. We are reasonable, and we hope our customers are too... :)

What about Spell Catcher upgrades? Once you have bought Spell Catcher, all upgrades are free unless the upgrade includes a payment-required enhancement - in which case the enhancement will be optional.

An example of this kind of “enhancement” is the Portuguese language packages. We have to charge an additional $10 for these packages because we have to pay additional fees to Franklin Publishers for their use.

There are no annual or maintenance fees.

Thanks for the question,
John Tytler,
Author - Spell Catcher Plus