• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 swmnwmn

swmnwmn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 05:21 PM

Iím a big fan of SC-X but am now working in a Windows environment (hate it). I would like to use My Learned Words and my Shorthand Glossary that I had on my Mac as theyíre considerably HUGE.

Is there a way to import, convert, bring them over as theyíre a few years in the development and I really donít want to re-invent the wheel here.

I canít seem to find anything in the HELP menu.

Thanks!!!!

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 28 February 2005 - 09:43 PM

The best way to do this is from Spell Catcher X (only in version 10.2, this feature is not in 10.1.x).

1. Open a Spell Catcher X reference document (learned words, shorthand glossary) by double-clicking it in the list that's in Spell Catcher X Preferences, References pane (or whatever method you normally use).
2. Choose Save A Copy As... (NOT Save As...) from the File menu, pick Spell Catcher Plus format from the File Format menu.
3. Copy that file to your Windows machine (don't think it matters where, but might be best to put it where your other Spell Catcher Plus references are).
4. If Spell Catcher Plus is already running, you'll likely have to double-click any new references you've created this way.

That should do the trick...

#3 swmnwmn

swmnwmn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:50 PM

The best way to do this is from Spell Catcher X (only in version 10.2, this feature is not in 10.1.x).

1. Open a Spell Catcher X reference document (learned words, shorthand glossary) by double-clicking it in the list that's in Spell Catcher X Preferences, References pane (or whatever method you normally use).
2. Choose Save A Copy As... (NOT Save As...) from the File menu, pick Spell Catcher Plus format from the File Format menu.
3. Copy that file to your Windows machine (don't think it matters where, but might be best to put it where your other Spell Catcher Plus references are).
4. If Spell Catcher Plus is already running, you'll likely have to double-click any new references you've created this way.

That should do the trick...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>