4 replies to this topic

#1 mak2204

mak2204

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:12 AM

Hi
I purchased all versions of Spell catcher. I use a PC at home and a MAC at work. I wanted to transfer all my Auto corrections / Short hands Extra to the Mac, Is this possible...

Also On the PC I get a pop up window with options to Add button or i can click F2. And F3 if i want to add a short hand. How can i get these options on the MAC osX. Please help.

Thanks
MAK

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:41 PM

Hi
I purchased all versions of Spell catcher. I use a PC at home and a MAC at work. I wanted to transfer all my Auto corrections / Short hands Extra to the Mac, Is this possible...

This one's easy - provided you can either copy that file from your PC to your Mac, or somehow access it over the network (you know what I mean, I'm sure) - Spell Catcher X 10.2 can natively read and write Spell Catcher Plus files. Just get the file from your PC to your Mac and double-click it. HOWEVER, you'll get the best performance if you just create a new, empty Shorthand Glossary document in Spell Catcher X and Import the contents of your PC file. Native Spell Catcher X files open far, far faster than Spell Catcher Plus ones (a factor if you have many hundreds of shorthands).

Also On the PC I get a pop up window with options to Add button or i can click F2. And F3 if i want to add a short hand. How can i get these options on the MAC osX. Please help.

Thanks
MAK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's no equivalent "button," but realize that the learned words/shorthand glossary/etc. files on OS X are just regular Mac documents. Double-click them in the Finder, use Open Recent or Recent Items, add the document you use the most to your Dock, put an alias on the desktop, use a 3rd-party launcher to get at it easily - your choice.

Of course there are buttons to add words and shorthands in the various spell checking-related windows, but if you need to get to one often and quickly, it's just a document (favorite?) that you would double-click to start adding to (hope you get the idea).

#3 mak2204

mak2204

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 04:43 PM

This one's easy - provided you can either copy that file from your PC to your Mac, or somehow access it over the network (you know what I mean, I'm sure) - Spell Catcher X 10.2 can natively read and write Spell Catcher Plus files. Just get the file from your PC to your Mac and double-click it. HOWEVER, you'll get the best performance if you just create a new, empty Shorthand Glossary document in Spell Catcher X and Import the contents of your PC file. Native Spell Catcher X files open far, far faster than Spell Catcher Plus ones (a factor if you have many hundreds of shorthands).

sorry for the late reply.Thank you So much for your reply. Exactly Which file do I need to copy from the PC over to the MAK

#4 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:55 AM

Hi,

On the PC side you'll find your learned words and shorthand files are usually stored in your "My Documents/Spell Catcher Plus" folder. You should be able to locate the file that you want to transfer over to the Mac in that folder...

John Tytler,
Author - Spell Catcher for Windows
Rainmaker Research, Inc.

#5 mak2204

mak2204

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:06 PM

I actually tried to copy over the Shorthands from PC to mac, using the old version of Spell catcher on the mac, it didn't work, on the new version on the other hand it worked great,

I have to say, Spellcather on the PC is much better then on the MAC

I use MAC OS X 10.3.9