• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bpheil@tampabay.rr.com

bpheil@tampabay.rr.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:46 AM

Have again downloaded Spell Catcher 8 because the new computer did not transfer the last application, which I'd purchased. Cannot find a way to enter the registration number for the demo now being used. . . Can you help?

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:19 PM

Have again downloaded Spell Catcher 8 because the new computer did not transfer the last application, which I'd purchased.  Cannot find a way to enter the registration number for the demo now being used. . .  Can you help?

You can't register the demo to become the full version. You need to have the installer for the full version.

And computers don't transfer applications, people do. You must have your old installer somewhere.

#3 bpheil@tampabay.rr.com

bpheil@tampabay.rr.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 06:25 PM

You're absolutely correct, Evan, about people transferring information, but when the "old" computer with SC 8 has now gone to a needy family without an ISP, or CD burning capabilities, I'm now up the creek without a spell-checker. . .

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 31 July 2003 - 08:11 PM

You're absolutely correct, Evan, about people transferring information, but when the "old" computer with SC 8 has now gone to a needy family without an ISP, or CD burning capabilities, I'm now up the creek without a spell-checker. . .

So let me get this straight - you gave away your old computer, complete with your SC8 installer and registration code - to someone else.

Are they now using SC8 with that particular registration code?

This is one of our biggest quandaries right now - how to deal with this sort of thing in an *automated* way - i.e. not having to handle every single customer inquiry individually (or else we'd never be able to get back to development).

I looked in the customer information we got from C&G for the string "pheil" but couldn't find you (not that surprising, really, if you've read our FAQs) in there.

Can you not contact these folks and tell them you need the installer back? Especially if they're not using Spell Catcher 8 at all?