• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jpeauroi

jpeauroi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:05 PM

I rely heavily on SC Plus in W2K and XP and have used SC in the past on Mac, as well as predecessor Thunder7 (I think that was the name). In the Mac, a glossary file was simply a simpletext file and could be easily printed for reference. I can't seem to do the same on the PC platform. When I open up a glossary file in a text editor all the entries are run together with an unknow separator that I cant do a "search and replace" on in my word processor. How can I format a glossary for printing and reference? Help.

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:13 PM

If you have a text editor that can search and replace ASCII null (zero) characters, then you could just replace them with (say) 2 returns.

So the mystery separator is a null...

John might know a better way, he'll be able to tell you tomorrow sometime.

#3 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:32 AM

Hi,

Great question... I can send you a utility program that will convert glossary to text files and back, or if you want, send your glossary files to me and I'll do it for you. You can contact me using john_at_rainmakerinc.com.

In an upcoming release (sometime in '06), a new version will include improved learned words and glossary editors that will certainly include the ability to import/export glossary contents to text files.

Thanks,
John Tytler,
Author - Spell Catcher Plus
Rainmaker Research, Inc.