• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flyingwriter

Flyingwriter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:40 AM

I have Spell Catcher Plus, version 2.04. There is this annoying problem. After I have selected some text to spell check in an application like word pad, spell catcher works fine. But if I try a second look with spell catcher, I am given a message "Spell Catcher could not get access to the clip board." In fact, I just tried it here with this message and got the same result!

Anybode else ever have this probelm? I have searched these forums and FAQs with no success.

Thanks - Bruce

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

Hi Bruce,

That message means the clipboard is in use by another application. Do you have any clipboard utility installed that keeps track of multiple clipboards?

I'm wondering if this could be the problem. Additionally, have you tried installing version 3.0.

I would be interested in knowing if the same problem appears with the currently shipping version.

Thanks,
John Tytler
Author - Spell Catcher Plus
Rainmaker Research, Inc.

#3 Flyingwriter

Flyingwriter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:06 AM

Hi Bruce,

That message means the clipboard is in use by another application. Do you have any clipboard utility installed that keeps track of multiple clipboards?

I'm wondering if this could be the problem. Additionally, have you tried installing version 3.0.

I would be interested in knowing if the same problem appears with the currently shipping version.

Thanks,
John Tytler
Rainmaker Research, Inc.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks,
John Tytler
Rainmaker Research, Inc.

Dear John, Yes I have a cliptrack enabled. Would that be the problem? And no, I haven't installed version 3.0 because of the trouble I am having with this version and it will cost me a tidy amount to upgrade the software.

#4 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:56 AM

Hi Bruce,

I've not tested Spell Catcher with cliptrack, but these clipboard utilities shouldn't interfere with Spell Catcher's operation.

Tell you want... give version 3.0 a try. Let me know if it works. If it does, I'll give you a license. The upgrade cost is only $20. I'm certainly glad to give you a license if you're willing to investigate this further.

Get back to me here,
Thanks,
John Tytler

#5 Flyingwriter

Flyingwriter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:34 AM

Dear John,

I hope this reply goes through. I find your bulletin board somewhat confusing. Anyway, you are correct, the problem is with "clip track." I installed your version 3.0 and tried it. As before, the second attempt to check some selected text and "cannot get access to the clipboard," happened. Then I shut off clip track and, voila! Spell check worked flawlessly.

If you will contact me at my e-mail address: flyingwriter@yahoo.com I can reply with a copy of clip track, it is free ware and you can see what the problem is - if you are interested.