If you decide not to purchase the upgrade to Spell Catcher X 10.4 after installing it and taking it for a test drive, you can downgrade to version 10.3.7 by following these steps:
- Open the Uninstall Spell Catcher X utility from the Spell Catcher X 10.4 installation disk.
- Using the default settings, Proceed with the uninstall.
Important: As long as you don't change the settings from their defaults, your references will remain untouched! Only the Spell Catcher application and input methods will be removed.
- Eject the Spell Catcher X 10.4 installation disk.
- Download the installation disk for Spell Catcher X 10.3.7.
- Install the Spell Catcher application as usual.
- Eject the Spell Catcher X 10.3.7 installation disk.
- Optional: If you would like to restore you Spell Catcher X 10.3.7 preferences, in the Finder navigate to your (home) ~/Library/Preferences folder. Locate the most recent file named like "com.rainmaker.SpellCatcher.plist.bak", and rename it to remove the ".bak" extension. There may be more than one such file, make sure to choose the one with the most recent modification date.
- Open the Spell Catcher application from your hard drive, choose to install the input methods when asked.