Spell Catcher X Features:
Try it For Free!
- Requires Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, or Mac OS X 10.7 running on Intel Macintosh hardware.
Older releases for Mac OS X 10.2 - 10.4.11 or PowerPC Macs are available.
Spell Catcher X Version History
We recommend taking at least a quick look through the notes for each version. There's quite a bit of information here, some features in the more recent releases are not (yet) documented anywhere else. Some of the more interesting features for each release are listed here to entice you to take a closer look.
- Spell Catcher X 10.4.1
- Support for new Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) features
- Improved DirectCorrect performance with Spell Catcher’s input method application (64-bit) on Lion
- Position Cursor Here feature for shorthand expansions
- Much More
- Spell Catcher X 10.4
- MobileMe Syncing of Reference documents and Modify Selection Macros
- Major Linguistics Upgrade
- Styled Text shorthand expansions (using Spell Catcher’s input method application on Mac OS X 10.6 and later)
- Updated and modernized user interface throughout Spell Catcher
- Much More
Spell Catcher X 10.3.7
- Supports Quick Look previews of Learned Words, Omitted Words, Shorthand Glossary, Dictionary Server, and Modify Selection Macro documents.
- Better handling of soft hyphen characters during Spell Checking.
- Fixes a potential crash bug when editing shorthand expansions (exactly) 64 characters long.
Spell Catcher X 10.3.6
- Worked around a bug in the version of WebKit.framework that gets installed along with Safari 5.0 that caused Spell Catcher’s Look Up window to crash.
- Fixed a bug introduced in Spell Catcher X 10.3.5 where function keys without modifiers could not be set as keyboard shortcuts.
Spell Catcher X 10.3.5
- Improved compatibility with the input methods in specific applications.
- Support Multi-Touch gestures in the Look Up and Check Selection windows.
- Fixed positioning of the various pop-up windows shown by the input methods, when multiple monitors are used.
- Fixed behavior of the Suggest Spelling Window in the input method application when it becomes the “key” window (the destination for keystrokes).
Spell Catcher X 10.3.4
- Fixes for bugs found in Spell Catcher X 10.3.3.
Spell Catcher X 10.3.3
- New input method for use with 64-bit applications on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Updated linguistic software and language plug-ins.
- New German localization.
- Autosaving of modified reference documents.
- Improved import/export, importing of latest TypeIt4Me and TextExpander files.
- Compatibility improvements and bug fixes, recommended for all Spell Catcher X 10.3, 10.3.1, and 10.3.2 users.
Spell Catcher X 10.3.2
- New and updated language plug-ins, bug fixes, recommended for all Spell Catcher X 10.3 and 10.3.1 users.
Spell Catcher X 10.3.1
- Bug fixes, recommended for all Spell Catcher X 10.3 users.
- Spell Catcher X version 10.3
Spell Catcher X version 10.2.3
- New Interactive and Alert Preferences
- Improved Spotlight Plug-In
- Numerous enhancements, improvements and fixes throughout
Spell Catcher X version 10.2.2
- Universal (for Intel and PowerPC Macs)
- Easier Updating
- Developer Tools
Spell Catcher X version 10.2.1
- Spotlight Plug-In
- Shorthand Expansion Enhancements
- Tiger-Related Changes
Spell Catcher X version 10.2
- Online Look Up
- Cross-Platform Reference File Compatibility
- Suggestions Pop-Up
- Interactive Completion
- Searching and Sorting in Reference Document Windows
Spell Catcher X version 10.1.3
- Spell Checking of Word Pairs
- New Check Selection Window Features
Spell Catcher X version 10.1.2
- Speech Recognition
- Instantaneous Corrections and Expansions
- New Preferences
Spell Catcher X version 10.1.1
- Updated Linguistics
Spell Catcher X version 10.1
- Word Completion
- Update Checking and Language Downloads
- New Preferences
- Shorthand Expansion Preview
- File Import Improvements